Monday, March 9, 2009

All Work and No Play Makes Daryl a Dull Boy

I don't normally use this venue to document the happenings of my EVERYDAY life but inspiration hit me this morning and just felt the need to put it on "paper".

It has been a hectic two weeks at work. Ty Pennington, a slew of US Congressmen and Congresswomen, a contingent of Federal Police Officers and Special Agents, and various VIP's that graced us with the opportunity to give them a glimpse of the hospitality of Montgomery. Also, the dealing with additional safety enhancements being made to the building to make it safer for the guests and associates was being put into place and is ongoing.

I found myself in a position that I did not think that I would be when I took this job - WORKING ALL THE TIME like I did with my old job. Don't get me wrong, I am going to do what it takes to make sure that the mission is complete and I do enjoy my work. But I find myself unfulfilled because I was not able to enjoy any interests outside of work and I always wonder how much that deteriorates everything else. In worrying about stuff outside of work, I put more of myself into work to keep myself busy to not worry about stuff outside of work. Doesn't make a bit of sense, I know.

Well I hope that over the next few days I will be able to get some rest and spend some time on those matters that I hold dear to me and get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment