Sunday, March 28, 2010

Oh I Will Never Get It....Well I Guess I am Oinking Now


Well what I thought was my bi-annual cold (winter to spring and fall to winter) turns out to be the H1N1 virus (Swine Flu). Of course when I get sick, which is rare n itself, I do it big time. I have also got two added complications - lower right lung lobe pneumonia and a severe case of bronchitis.

Being the trooper that I am and knowing that the "show" has to go on, I was trying to tough it out until my "normal" off days of Sunday and Monday where I would be able to relax and recoup. Well I guess my body finally had enough me trying to be some sort of Superman when I couldn't breathe yesterday.

I was talking to my father last night and we are both cut from the same mold in some aspects in the thinking that "oh I will never get it". We both do not get sick often but when we do - we get sick and THEN some. I never get a flu shot because I felt it was a waste of time and money because I had the mentality that "oh I will never get it".

On Day Two of my diagnosis, I am feeling better with the aid of prescription drugs and some needed rest. Last night's sleep was a little rough with a fever but I am feeling good at the writing of this entry. My doctor's orders to rest and relax are going to "kill" me since I try to keep myself occupied most of the time but I do not plan on aggravating this illness and end up in the hospital for an extended period of time. (Should have taken that short term disability this year - LOL).

Thanks for the well wishes from friends and family. Will keep ya posted on my progress. I got my meds, remote. phone, and laptop so I am good to go for now.

2 comments:

  1. Daryl I always think the same thing because I rarely get sick, but when I saw the kids I work with "drop like flies" from H1N1 I ran to the doc and got the vaccine. Jamie and Tatiana got theirs before me so we are all set! Get that vaccine next year! Feel better. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Times like these I wish we could share these things on a personal basis. Glad to know that you took heed to your body's indication that something's seriously wrong and got medical attention. I hope you get better soon and get back to some normalcy.

    ReplyDelete